Friday, August 5, 2011

Old Sonic games

So I've been playing Sonic the Hedgehog games for about 7 years, and still love some of the older games to this day. And to my happiness, I finally got my copy of Sonic Mega Collection back. So I played Sonic, Sonic 2, Sonic 3. I forgot how much I hated water stages, the warning music still freaks me out.
 for those who don't know the fear of it.
 Then Sonic and Knuckles, which takes me back to my fan girl days. Then there are locked games, then, of all games, Sonic 3D blast.

Dear God, where do I begin? It hurts to watch, the controls are terrible, and why do you give your friends rings? How do they access the Secret zone? Why are Flickies now important? They are in almost every other game, and find their way home fine on their own once you release them. The worse part is the controls, some people love this game, but it just hurt my eyes and my head with what a pain it is.

Then redemption came in the form of pinball. The game, Sonic Spinball is a good old pinball game for the Sega Mega Drive. The controlls are simple, and even if you die often (which even good pinball players regularly will) its fun enough that you don't care.

I haven't played any other games on the collection, but I'll play the others enough times to unlock them soon andreally debating if its worth the unlock to play Sonic 3D Blast a lot more. I might to a part two later once the rest are unlocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment