Sunday, June 10, 2012

Elder Scrolls online is making me depressed

So the more I've seen it, the less I like it. First off, the picture on the official site that greets you as soon as you go to it.
The Nord looks alright, and the imperial thief-type class is ok, from what I see, but wait, what in the holy hell?
The female elf mage, what the hell?
Is that a bosmer? It has to be, altmers are golden and dunmers are grey. But she's too damn pretty, and cleavage armor, really Bethesda?
You went from this:

To this pretty girl. I can't handle it. It annoys me to no end.I'm scared of what they'll do to both the Altmer and bosmers. And oh god what they might do to the beast races.
Oh god why did you do that to the Khajit? I kid, I kid this pic is from this forum
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. 

The pacts I under stand, but I have a bit of the problem with a couple of facets. The Ebonheart pact makes the most sense from the grouping race wise. These are the three races that although they don't like each other, they don't tend to like anyone else either. And the Ebonheart in this is different then the one in Morrowind. The one in Morrowind is on Vvardenfell, this one is on the main land. So I bet you Vvardenfell will be an expansion pack/DLC/whatever, if they're honest to their own lore. Oh and I get my Elder Scroll lore from uesp.net so if you want to see where I get my Lore facts from, it's from there. 

 The DaggerFall one is what gets makes no sense for one reason only: The orcs. The Bretons and Redguards aren't busy fighting each other yet, so those two make sense. But the orcs, well, have a history of being attacked by both neighboring races, so I find it odd that their teaming up with the two races that have a history with them, unless its a way they're people pleasing to include it. Or to make the teams even.
And the third: the Aldmeri Dominion, the Bosmer, Altmer, and Khajit. The khajit are just kind of there, for being there and needing to fit in an aligince and everyone has already teamed up. Like the kid who came in late to class and he makes an odd number so he's teamed up with the best buddies that ignore him.

And the graphics are pretty and all, but it still feels like it's going to be a yet another WoW wannabe. 

10 comments:

  1. Good post. My friends were like "what your not excited for elder scrolls online?!" no I'm not. TES is known for its bueaty and detail in an mmo it's just made big yet simple. The factions are a nightmare, khajiits were enslaved by elves so I don't know why they wanna work with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the elves look, I can finally play a game that doesn't show the elves as ugly deformed goblin hybrids. I'm sick and tired of developers making the elves different and trying to make them "unique" when they just end up making them look like piles of shit. Thats what I hated about Skyrim, Dragon Age 2, Guild Wars 2 etc... they all looked like freaks in a bad way. I can finally role play as an attractive elf without using mods or being forced to play as a human. I would kiss the entire model/concept artist team that made this happen. Thank you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, the Bosmer are much prettier than in Skyrim!
    I mean, look at him:
    http://images.uesp.net/0/0e/Lore-race-Bosmer.png
    look at him! *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok the Bosmer you put up is Oblivion art work not Skyrim or in Online.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The game is set 1000 years before Skyrim, so maybe the relationships Orcs and the Khajiit have with other races have not been set in stone yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elder Scrolls Online is not being made by bethseda, Bethseda farmed out the MMO since they busy making Elder Scrolls 6.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Aldmeri Dominion & Elsweyr Confederacy (which was the alliance between the Khajiit and the Aldmeri Dominion) has been established TES lore since 1998. If you're going to criticize ESO lore then at do some research first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the person above me. Learn something about lore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. they are just trying to fit everyone in It looks to me that they tried to put one of the extreme looking races with each faction (the orcs argonians and kajiht; yes orcs aren't that extreme)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am annoyed that they throw that elf around everywhere but you cannot make an elf like that in the game. She has normal eyes but in ESO they have the freakish, all iris eyes.

    ReplyDelete