Monday, August 6, 2012

A Plea to parents

ERSB ratings are there for a reason. They even have online guides for if you want more than just the letters. Here it is. That being said, please stop buying your kids games that are not appropriate for them. I'm tired of little kids on online games that aren't meant for children. And I'm tired of spoiled brats bringing bad names to well made games, because the games have mature themes.

"But Samus, I thought you were against censorship." Some of you would say. Well yes, you are right, I am against censorship. But I'm not talking about getting rid of Rated M games. You'd have to pry Skyrim from my cold dead hands before that happens, and TF2, No More Heroes, Brutal Legend, etc. What I'm talking about is not having a six year old playing Skyrim or GTA4 and thinking that it's just about shooting and stealing. And both aren't about that.

And for those that want to seem like the cool parent for getting your kid every game they want, guess what. Parent's shouldn't be worried if they are considered cool, they should be looking out their kids best interest. And I doubt the best interest of a 10 year old is getting them a game with alcohol, sex and violence in it.
So, yeah. Parents please stop getting your kids rated M games when their not even close to the right age.

No comments:

Post a Comment